Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School




This morning was the first day of school for public schools in Zürich. Leif, Hanna, and Elisabet are all attending different schools, so it took a little coordination to get them to their respective classrooms. Travis and Leif walked together to Hirzenbach schule while Hanna and I walked to Mattenhof schule.
Elisabet and Grandma stayed home until it was time for Elisabet to leave for her first day of Kindergarten. She is going to the Mattenhof Grundstufe and the first day was only from 9-11 am. Her feelings about school have wavered from excitement to "I don't ever want to go to Kindergarten" and "why don't they let the parents stay?" As Travis and I walked her to school she chatted about all the things she might do or see at school. And amazingly, she did let me leave- they sent the parents off with a rose after 45 minutes. In the hour I had to myself I literally ran to the grocery store and back, arriving just in time to see the smile on her face and her new yellow highlighter around her neck as she walked out of school with one of the teachers. We'll see how things go tomorrow when reality sinks in that she has to go EVERY morning.

First day of school 09/10

No comments:

Post a Comment